US Foods Staff Accountant II in Tempe, Arizona
Accountable for end-to-end process and analysis supporting accounting/tax and reporting activities. Delivers timely and accurate finance and accounting services in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and consideration of proper SOX controls. Supports corporate office functions and divisional accounting/ analysis/tax activities. Performs compilation, posting and review of month-end journal entries including assigned balance sheet account reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop detail understanding on an end-to-end process basis of assigned area, including related stakeholders, systems, accounting processes and internal controls that support internal and external reporting. Ensure the end-to-end process viewpoint is properly considered in all elements of assigned work and analysis.
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly analyses and related adjusting entries in support of assigned areas.
- Support the timely and accurate delivery of financial data and information to support corporate, shared service center operation, and distribution center/area/region leaderships.
- Complete special projects and analyses as requested by department leadership.
- Proactively work on period end analysis and close activities that provide leadership timely and reliable financial information, including identifying leading indicators and trends to allow for timely business decisions.
- Compile and review journal entries in compliance with GAAP and support of period end close activities. Reconcile balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances on a timely basis.
- Help ensure sound system and process internal controls that support external and internal reporting. Provide leading indicators of issues; and develop subject matter expertise on system and process change activities..
- Assist functional areas and distribution centers/areas/regions to support forecasting, planning and budgeting initiatives. Provide general business support for a wide range of partners and internal customers.
- Proactively seek to keep abreast of accounting, reporting and disclosure standards promulgated by the FASB, SEC and PCAOB that affect US Foods accounting and reporting practices. Provide sound analysis and support the impact of changes.
- Work closely with operating/functional management and the shared service center in areas of accounting/tax responsibility to implement new or changed business transactions, processes and controls.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent required; CPA strongly recommended, MBA preferred
- Minimum two years of relevant experience in a large public reporting company. Progressive experience in accounting, analysis, and account reconciliation work required. Previous experience in public accounting a plus.
- Familiarity with sophisticated ERP systems and other commonly-used financial system tools preferred.
- Experience in SOX compliance activities and design of proper controls preferred.
- Consumer products or other distribution/retail industry experience strongly preferred. Food service industries experience a plus.
- Previous active participation in enterprise projects a plus.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Must possess ability to apply a broad knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures to the completion of both recurring and ad hoc analyses, assignments and tasks.
- Basic knowledge and practical application of financial policies and procedures, GAAP and internal controls needed.
- Able to prioritize activities in a fast paced environment.
- Proven record of synthesizing data to identify trends and leading indicators supporting management decisions.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with leaders and associates throughout the organization.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values with impeccable integrity.
- Strong personal initiative, enthusiasm, results orientation and resourcefulness; exhibits a commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and an ability to overcome obstacles.
- Strong team orientation; willingness to help larger team meet goals and responsibilities.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).- Outstanding skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are necessary.- Understands the value of diversity and the importance of fostering an open and respectful work environment.· Ability and desire to develop necessary knowledge and skills to assume positions of greater responsibility within the organization.· An individual who brings enthusiasm and energy to the job each day, a person who welcomes a challenge and brings a “can do” attitude to the team
Standard Office Environment
Primary Location: Tempe-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Accounting
Job Level: Individual Contributor