US Foods Tax Professional -Income/Franchise Tax in Tempe, Arizona
This position will primarily be responsible to prepare the income tax returns, tax provision, and associated workpapers. The position will assist income tax managers with income tax audits and special projects.
The Tax Associate will be responsible for preparing income tax returns, tax provisions, and associated workpapers for. The position will assist income tax managers with income tax audits and special projects.
- Take responsibility for the preparation of tax provision workpapers and supporting documentation and extract information from accounting and tax systems.
- Prepare income tax returns, quarterly estimates, and year-end extensions.
- Assist in tax accounting computations and reconciliations.
- Respond to tax notices from various taxing authorities.
- Responsible for creating workpapers and supporting information for the efficient, accurate, and timely completion of federal and state income tax returns.
- Perform special income tax projects as assigned.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Masters in Accounting or Taxation and/or CPA certification preferred.
- Two years of experience in corporate taxation or public accounting required.
- Sound technical knowledge of federal, state and local corporate income tax laws and regulations required.
- Experience in preparation of income tax provision and all types of income and franchise tax returns preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Good interpersonal and oral/written communication skills necessary.
- Proficiency in tax research tools (i.e CheckPoint, CCH) preferred.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency necessary.
- Experience with OneSource or GoSystems income tax return preparation software is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks required.
Primary Location: Tempe-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Tax
Job Level: Individual Contributor