US Foods Vendor Operations Lead in Tempe, Arizona
The primary purpose of this position is to establish vendor numbers, deviations and allowances within the US Foodservice systems and operations, such that ongoing, high quality sales, purchases and services begins in compliance with contracted terms. Establish a standard setup for each vendor to ensure consistency and accuracy across markets and all internal systems. Ensure payments are processed to the vendor accurately and on time.
- Collects and reviews all documents necessary to qualify, set-up in multiple systems, maintain, and control the usage and payment status for all Vendors requested by all buyers/sales.
- Act as a liaison between the vendor/customer, legal, and company associates requesting customer/vendor set-up or when any change is requested.
- Set-up, maintenance and data integrity of supplier and customer allowance/rebate deviations programs within CASIS (Customer & Supplier Incentive System).
- Monitoring daily AP activity to ensyure that processing and reconciling of invoices are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in one-off projects.
- Maintain multiple Access Databases.
- Responsible for assisting in the training of new employees on accounts payable processes and to monitor their progress.
- Audit each program in its entirety.
- Audit and approve amounts to be repaid.
- Maintains integrity of databases information to ensure accuracy.
- Gather, analyze and input information into appropriate systems
- Reporting of daily/weekly/monthly metrics
- Subject matter expert for Vendor Service Coordinators.
- Special projects assigned by Supervisor
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Some post-high school national accredited coursework strongly preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in Finance or a Bachelor’s Degree with 1-year experience in Finance is required
- Experience setting up tracking programs/reports is preferred
- Experience entering, analyzing and tracking metrics is preferred
- Intermediate or greater skills in Microsoft Excel required (VLOOKUP’s, PivotTables, etc.) is required
- Word and Outlook skills required
- Data entry skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks simultaneously and process work requirements within defined time periods.
- Research & analytical skills necessary to independently compile applicable data for the resolution of HPSM.
- Must be able to work in team environment while working effectively across various departments and levels of the organization.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- A high level of interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge to review and understand disparity in program set-ups.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers including Home Office and Divisional Market personal, as well as internal departments.
- Understanding the ramifications of tracking programs entered incorrectly.
Must be able to perform some light lifting and bending for procedure and contract manuals and files.
Primary Location: Tempe-AZ
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Accounting
Job Level: Individual Contributor