US Foods New Business Manager in Vista, California
Responsible for sourcing and developing profitable new business that can be transitioned to a Territory Manager. Pursues highest potential Sales Leads for conversion into a US Foods customer in order to achieve annual sales and profit operating plans. Provides strategic support to Territory Managers by capturing and penetrating high potential growth opportunities and developing market share.
Develop a sound business plan to capture and penetrate market share within the division’s footprint, focusing on Division customers with sales potential >$0.5m annually. Responsible for producing new account revenue in line with current organization and individual targets and quotas (minimum of $2 million in first year, $4million annually in following years), or annual target agreed with Division President and VP Sales.
Utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), focus on (1) opening highest potential new accounts, (1) sales dollars, and (3) gross profit dollars of all new accounts.
Responsible for sourcing, pursuing, securing and developing highest potential new business that can be transitioned to a Territory Manager (TM) in order to achieve annual sales and profit operating plans; maintain a pipeline of new, emerging high potential clients.
Research potential customer requirements, menu design, business size, current suppliers, etc.; analyze current trends within the market and remain informed of market conditions, product innovations, competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers, along with new menu ideas and products, as part of value-added services provided.
Work with Category and Segment Specialists to create order-guide/pricing for prospective accounts; develop and present compelling offering to prospective accounts.
Complete new customer credit application forms; work with Customer Solutions Coordinator, Sales Coordinator and TM to ensure an effective on-boarding process as well as to facilitate a smooth handover of the new account to the TM and Sales Coordinator, including any AR responsibility while in development.
Maintain full understanding of company IT tools to identify high potential opportunities and update progress; utilize Company-approved data base for lead generation; communicate with District Sales Managers on field intelligence and observations.
Selective involvement in the SOS process, only for accounts recently opened by NBM where they areat-risk of churn. Visit customers, understand concerns and change offerings, pricing as required; maintain contact with new accounts as required; conduct Customer Business Review (CBRs) with critical customers upon request.
Maintain ongoing relationships with key decision makers; leverage industry contacts to "follow" decision makers as they move
Attend sales meetings, food shows, and vendor, marketing and industry events to network with prospective accounts
Share skills and experience with TMs in at 1 – 2 sales meetings/year i.e. how to on-board, do account research, penetration, warming and closing techniques
Other duties assigned by manager.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years sales experience required
- Minimum 3 years of experience opening accounts greater than $0.5m, preferably in foodservice industry
- Exceptional sales and interpersonal skills and proven ability to warm, convert, and close high-potential new street accounts required.
- Overnight travel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other company events.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills required, as well as strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully build relationships internally and externally, leveraging relations to achieve business goals.
- Able to present in front of large groups of people utilizing creative presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, results-driven and able to work autonomously; detail-oriented, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
MOS Code:Culinary Specialist
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles:www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
Primary Location: Vista-CA
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Business Development
Job Level: Individual Contributor