US Foods Van Driver in Vista, California
The Van Driver II is a delivery position responsible for driving a company vehicle limited to a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of 14,999. The position will be assigned stops to deliver foodservice products with a high level of service to customers. No commercial or professional driving experience required.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lift up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis and up to 100 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Load and unload the vehicle for multi-stop deliveries.
- Transport deliveries by driving assigned vehicles.
- Use hand truck and load bar.
- Accurately record delivery information includingoperating a hand scannerand all company required documentation.
- Responsible for the proper documentation and disposition for any return product.
- Communicate delivery- customer issues to proper authority (i.e., Customer Service, Territory Manager, Transportation Supervisor, etc.).
- Deliver product to each of the designated stops on using the stop sequence provided for the day.
- Unload product safely and stage product in the space(s) designated by customer.
- Check invoice for complete delivery. Process paperwork and damaged merchandise if any.
- Collect payments if necessary.
- Monitor refrigeration system on the delivery vehicle on a consistent basis for safety; follow all safe food handling procedures.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections such as monitoring fluid levels, tires, windshield wash and replenishing fuel.
- Other duties as assigned.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Valid driver’s license issued by the state of legal residence with proper endorsements if required.
No more than two convictions in the past two year period for traffic violations, no DUI convictions in the past three years, no driver’s license suspensions in the past three years.
No commercial or professional driving experience required. One year of multi-stop delivery experience is preferred or six months local delivery experience and/or foodservice industry experience.
Hand cart delivery experience preferred.
Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
Must pass pre-employment testing (including items such as Drug Screen & Background Check)
Have knowledge of area and/or map reading abilities.
Use safe lifting and loading techniques
Great interpersonal/customer service skills.
Availability to work on weekends, Holidaysand overtime in order to service customers
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, and lifting up to 50 lbs. of material on a consistent basis, 100 lbs on an occasional basis and repetitive motions. The work is performed primarily outdoors.
Primary Location: Vista-CA
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Delivery
Job Level: Individual Contributor